Kaylin
My little babies, I don't know how they have gotten so big. I can't believe they will be 2 in one week!
I was looking back at their Caring Bridge site the other day and I don't think Todd even posted these pictures. The girls were about 10 hours old and had just been moved to the NICU at Children's Hospital. They just needed to rest, and their breathing was so difficult for them, they needed to be put on the ventilator to help them with that. I can still remember the day so will, like it was just yesterday, but at the same time so long ago. The nurse told me they had a very bad night, but didn't go into anymore details...thank goodness, because I was a mess. She informed me they were moving them to the NICU, because they needed more care and were very sick...I was thinking what does that mean...very sick, but I could not say any questions, I was just in stock at the time and upset with myself that I could not carry them longer then 33 weeks, that one took me weeks to get over and there are still days that I think, how could I not carry them longer? I felt like a bad mom already and I had not even held them yet!
Kaylin was in the NICU for 4 days and Mara 5. After a few hours of them being there, I knew that was the best place for them...those nurses and doctors are just amazing how they can take care of these little babies! I am SO thankful for them and the power of medicine to help my little babies get healthy.
In total the girls were in the hospital for 3 weeks. Looking back I don't know if I could do it again...it was stressful, long days at the hospital, feeling very helpless as a mom, but also I felt so much joy and love.
I am so thankful we have 2 very healthy and happy little girls today! I thank God everyday for these 2...blessing us with them and keeping them healthy, happy and growing! They came into this world so small and sick and now they are running around and talking like crazy...loving life.
It is so much fun to watch them grow and learn everyday and I am so thankful I am here with them to watch it. We are truly blessed as a family.
Kaylin (4 days old) with daddy-1st time we each held them
Mara (4 days old) with mommy-1st time we each held them
Come back tomorrow for some more pictures and Happy Friday!








I LOVED reading all of these! It feels like yesterday when they were both born and so tiny and sweet. I loved coming to visit them in the hospital. Thanks for posting these and sharing your thoughts...have fun on Friday w/ their 2 year old pics! Can't wait to see them! Love ya!
ReplyDelete