the last few weeks have been tough in our house...ever since the holidays...the girls have had a lot of change in their life...new beds big girls beds, which means more freedom for them to get up when they want and to not sleep...they are doing very well and they are napping everyday and typically in bed around 8:30- 8:45...i wish i could get that moved up, but it is just not happening, so i am not going to stress about it.
they hit the 2 1/2 year mark as well right before the holidays and something changed in them....we are going into the terrible 2's/3's...every 1/2 year mark has been hard in our house...teeth have been coming in, they have gotten sick after every holiday...first year...rsv, second year...mara had a really bad infection, this year...kaylin pneumonia and mara ear infection. and it does not help that it is winter, so we are not getting a lot of fresh air.
this morning when i got up and checked my favorite blogs...sarah over a clover lane had a great post about playing...more about being present with your kids and i know i need to do a better job of this...i stay home with them, but i am doing a lot of stuff when i am at home...cleaning, cooking, laundry, computer stuff, sewing, etc. her posted made me stop and think...i need to get down on the fall and play with them more...not the whole day...but for 15 minutes or a half hour here and there...i know they will love it and i think it will help with the little attitudes that have developed...i know this little rough patch we have hit will past, but at the end of the day i want to feel like i did a good job...i was a good mom and i have not been feeling that way....go check out sarah's post..it is a good one! she always has great stuff...thanks sarah!
on another note, i have been working on a blog schedule...i know that sounds silly, but i love to blog and i want to have a 'topic' a day sort of thing...this will make scheduling my blog post so much fun and easy!
so here is the schedule that i am planning to follow each week...now from time to time it might change a little bit, but i am going to try and stick with it.
- monday: weekend update...i really don't want to blog on the weekends, this is really our only family time together, so i am going to have a big update on monday mornings for you!
- tuesday: 365 project...i will continue to post my layouts each week
- wednesday: shop update-custom orders, new stuff or other great shops that i love...i will let you know about them
- thursday: tip day...i will share a fun tip...not sure what it will cover, but whatever has made my life easier i will share
- friday: friday fun-more to come...this will shape as i figure out what i am going to write/post about.
i have a half hour before i have to get the girls...must run another quick errand...enjoy your day!

and











I am off to read the blog post!
ReplyDeleteI feel like a bad mom all the time!! Like you I am always doing stuff at home. It is very hard to find a balance. I have never been one to get down on the floor and play. I am glad they have eachother (my 5 kids). They are all pretty much good to eachother. Instead of play I find that I do other special things with them that are just as fun for them. For example Carmen loves to scrapbook and sometimes we do that, or she likes to help out in the craft room.
I know it is hard. I feel guilty a lot! But look at your kids, they are doing great!
Whata lovely , lovely family you have- love those pictures!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your schedule- all the pros say it's good to have a rhyme and reason to your blog- especially if it supports your business. :)
Your girls are so sweet! I like the idea of a theme for regular posts, think I might have to think about that for myself! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I was not the best mom when my girls hit those hard years...for me it was 3-4. Oh my goodness it was a struggle. The best thing to remember is that they outgrow it. My girls are so well behaved and good now. I just love them to pieces and we all get along great. So hang in there...it will get better. Just be consistent and pray alot!
The black-and-white photo of your family is so great! I like your idea of doing the schedule, too.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoy visiting your blog Melissa. Your twin girls are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou are right these tougher phases do pass. My twin boys are 3.5 and the changes and stages are passing so quickly now.
I've found sticking to a very strict schedule helps the tantrums be less intense. I also provide them constant communication about what's coming next so they have time to switch gears.
My husband taught me the get on the floor and play trick with our boys. It works like magic! I get down there and help them become involved in an activity, then I can eventually slip away to finish cooking, laundry, cleaning, blogging, etc. The best part of all is they (twins) always have each other as playmates. :) Best wishes!!
lovely photos, Melissa!
ReplyDeleteIt never ceases to amaze me what a difference engaging with the kids for 15 minutes a few times a day does. It's the BEST! I've really been focusing on that myself lately. The 1/2 years are hard. You've got an advantage because you already ARE so scheduled. (I had to learn that the hard way.) Hang in there Melissa!
ReplyDeleteyour family photos are so cool :) i like them!!!
ReplyDeleteabsolutely ADORE those two pictures of all of you...they need to be a blog header! :) I am SO jealous of your scrapbooking...a note everyday...how lovely!
ReplyDeletedon't even fret for a second about your girls...all kids grow through stages..you just have it doubled up, which can't be easy! try to see their frustrations and their issues through their eyes...that always helps me.
patrick just turned 2 and boy oh boy...we have the same sleep issues/teeth issues and it's not easy, let me tell you!
love all of your photos! i want to start themed posts as well, but maybe on a monthly schedule first.
ReplyDelete