http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

February 18, 2010

another cleaning tip!

i love having a cleaned and picked up house...but i have had to let that go a little bit...the house is typically always picked up, if someone was to stop over, it is in good shape to have a visitor, it might not be 100% clean, but it is picked up!

as i said last week...i had a cleaning lady before the girls and even when they were little...i had the cleaning ladies still.  when i became a full time SAHM, i had to say good-bye to my wonderful cleaning ladies and become the one and only cleaning lady of the house!

i do have some helpers now, which is nice...and they LOVE to help...i hope this continues for many years to come!
and k had to wear her boots to help out today!
i have cleaned the house all in one day, but it takes up all of nap time and by the time i am done, i need to rest, but the girls are up!  so i have broken it out and it has worked pretty well...my husband might not thing so all of the time, but it is working for me...so it might help you too...working mom or SAHM!

we have 3 stories to our house and so when i feel the house needs a little cleaning...here is my tip(s):
 i break down the floors...and do one floor a day!
or
i do all of the floors one day...vacuuming and washing
(we have lots of hardwood floors)

i typically start in the basement and work my way up to the bedrooms...this does mean having the vacuum out 3 different days, but that does not bother me too much.  i just like having a clean house...it just feels so good!


so with a little help from my new cleaning ladies...
 my house can be nice and clean...for about a day!
i would love to hear your cleaning tips!
happy cleaning!





and

4 comments:

  1. I can get over that you had a cleaning lady!!
    I HATE cleaning! It seems pointless sometimes with 5 kids. The vacume does come out everyday after supper and sometimes during the day too. I like to have the house as clean as I can, meaning most toys put away. The kitchen is another room I like to have clean too. Although part of it always seems messy because of our 80 million shoes and jackets. So I have NO tips. Just doing the best I can here:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they way you are doing floor by floor sounds good. I only have two floors and I go by days of the week. I really like to clean on Mondays and Fridays. On Mondays because the kids are gone and I clean up what they did all weekend, on Friday I clean so I know all weekend my house is clean and don't have to worry over the weekend. I don laundry Mon/Wed/Fri and vacuum almost everyday it's my favorite chore. I scrub the sinks/toilets everyother day. I give the house a bigger cleaning and scrubbing twice a month on whichever day is easiest for me. I also dust only once a week or twice a month, not to much to dust in my house. I sweep once a week should be more but I don't think about it. I love your last picture, the shelf above the couch and things on it. It's always wonderful when the kids want to pitch in and help. My kids do pick up their things and their rooms are always neat they like it that way so I'm lucky in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I always feel like my house is clean if the floors are clean!
    They look SO sweet helping out...can I borrow them for a day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two little tots = 3 ladies cleaning away. I have the helpers as well and it makes cleaning (although not that productive) pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa