http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

April 26, 2010

weekend recap: spring cleaning time!

with the rainy weather this past weekend, it focused us to stay inside and work on the spring cleaning list!  now, we didn't tackle the biggest projects...washing windows and re-painting 2 rooms, but we did get a ton done!!!  i feel so good about it!

i still have a lot left, but most of the 'cleaning' stuff is done.  i have the dining room and upstairs hall way to finish the cleaning stuff.  and we still have a lot of outside work to do, but i know we can get it done.

here is how my list is looking:


and now that i have a clean house...come back later in the week for a little tour and how we found our wonderful house!

and because it was so rainy out...the girls had fun jumping into pillows as i vacuumed off the sofa..



anything to get a little energy out on a rainy day is okay with me...they had so much fun doing it!



together now...


and my little cleaner k wanted to help vacuum the pillows when she was done jumping on them!
on sunday we headed to the moa (Mall of America), we don't go there a lot...we in MN try to stay away from the place, it is just too big to really shop at!  but, the girls needed another pair of shoes...some they could put on fast and easy...no ties, so we headed to Nordstrom's...they have a great kid shoe department and pick up a cute new pair of mary-jane's and went to the park...to see....
dora!!!
i thought they would do okay...check them out waiting in line to see her...
 but, they didn't...cried and didn't really like the 'real' life dora so much! i took them again...and this is what we got...
 mara not so happy about dora!

kaylin was a little more okay with her, but didn't touch her once...no hug, no high fives!
so, based on that...no Disney World anytime soon for the gruber girls!
then we went on the horses...they loved it!

and they played some hoops too, back at home!
what did you do this weekend...anything fun?
hope it was a great one.
 

5 comments:

  1. This is just what I needed to see this rainy morning to get me motivated to start cleaning! (The chart, not the giant Dora...I think she's scary too! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your jumping beans - so cute! I'm with Mara though...that Dora is rather large!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look on Mara's face when jumping on the pillows is classic. And that Dora was ginormous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring cleaning list is really coming along. I love the way you do that ... when I was packing for vacation, I was noticing all the nooks and crannies that need straightening and cleaned. Someday I'll have to make a list like yours! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cleaning list was an inspiration for me. I just created my own. now, I just have to find the motivation to work through the list! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa