my 'little' girls are so BIG today!
i can't believe they are preschooler...how is that possible?
they were so excited today...both were up early and ready to go.
mara just wanted to put her backpack on and get out the door!
kaylin wanted her lunch packed!
so we started a new tradition today at our house...
on the first day of school, take your picture with a sign:
one together
and then
alone...
and then we were off to school!
where we meet eli!
going into the classroom....
kaylin took off...no hug or kiss for mom, she was off to put her backpack away and have fun.
little mara of course gave me a kiss and hug and was off as well...she looked back once to make sure i was still watching.
parents cannot go in there room and say good-bye, so once they were in i was gone!
they have a BIG day!
i will not pick them up until 3 today.
the house is SO quiet, it is a little crazy!
i don't think i have been alone in my house for this many hours in years...
i have been so excited for this day...
for them to learn and grow
for me to have some 'me' time
but, it is a little sad too.
i have BIG girls, they are no longer babies!
they still need me...thank goodness, because if they didn't i don't know what i would do!
tomorrow i will update you on how their first day went.
enjoy!










When John first went to preschool last year, I cried the the parking lot after drop off. This year was no different. He went all day yesterday!
ReplyDeleteHow cute!!! I hope they had a great first day and that you enjoy your new found "me" time. I'm sure it will get filled up fast! :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I hope they had a good time :)
ReplyDeleteOh girlie you know I can relate. It's a sweet mixture of quiet and "silence". The silence is the lonely part. Enjoy your new freedom. The girls were super cute. Great idea for the little date sign:)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you can't walk inside...even on the first day!!! So glad they did great though! Precious girls. By the way, the floor in that classroom is amazing!
ReplyDeleteBittersweet for sure:) Preston started Kindergarten today (only half day) and I was fine until he got home and got off the bus. Jonathan couldn't stop hugging him. It was a quite morning.
ReplyDeleteAre you going to the Handmade Market at the Hyatt on Sept 15th-18th? I will be a vendor there!!! Super excited:) If you come let me kmow, I would love to meet you.
The girls look adorable and so HAPPY! Love your new tradition too!
ReplyDelete