This is what our garden looked like at the end of May.
For some reason I didn't take a picture of it after we planted everything, but really the only plates that you could see where the tomatoes. Everything else we started from seeds!
And this is what it looked like this weekend...actually the tomato plants are bigger now even!
I am happy to say we have lots of tomatoes growing and I can't wait for that first one I pick! I love a garden fresh tomato with a little salt on it.
My peas are not doing well...something is eating them and I am not sure what and the beans are okay.
And the zucchini is a lot bigger then I thought it was going to be...so I think next year we will not do as many.
Check out this lettuce...yummy!
The girls have loved watching the garden grow. They check on it every morning and then fill up their watering cans to water it...so cute!
What is in your garden?







It looks great! Isn't it fun? My girls have been busy with their tomato garden and we have a huge herb garden full of basil, parsley, oregano, mint and cilantro. Other than that, lots of flowers and we hit the Farmer's Market 2x a week. Love this time of year! PS - Melissa, don't forget to enter to win a Barefoot Book for the girls! :)
ReplyDeletewowza girl...you've got a green thumb. next year i'll something. i'm sure it will flourish with all this heat!
ReplyDeleteOh, we have all the usual herbs, zucchini, tomatoes - and I went overboard (for me) and did cantaloupe, and various squashes. /the strawberries and raspberries are my favorite though.
ReplyDeletethat'd be a big zilch this year, except for a few herbs. Yours looks great!!
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks so good! I would have eaten all of the green beans too...yum. Great work.
ReplyDelete