http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

November 19, 2009

11.19: Thankful for the Medical World

3 years ago today, I found out I was pregnant...
that is why I am thankful for the Medical World we have today.

We have wonderful doctors in the world we live in and there is one doctor that I am so thankful for...

he is the one that helped us have Kaylin & Mara
he is the one that made us feel okay about our situation
he is the one that i felt so comfortable with
he is the one i trusted

It was not easy for us to get pregnant, we tried for 4 long, painful years.
We saw many different doctors to try and figure out why I could not get pregnant.
We had lots of doctor appointments, I took lots of drugs, and had lots of ultrasounds.
We watched our family and friends have babies year after year.
We went on lots of vacations, took breaks from 'trying' and nothing worked.

After about 3 1/2 years we decided to try the very last thing to have our own baby. This was a huge step for us on so many different levels. There was no guarantee that we would have a baby, but we were tired of the infertility roller coaster and we were ready for this step and so scared at the same time.

there were lots of shots given to myself
there were lots of doctor appointments
there were lots of tears
there was lots of blood tests
there were lots of prayers
it was a very long 2 months from Sept. 06-Nov.

Without the research, the doctors and the medical world we have today, I don't know if we would have Kaylin & Mara in our lives.

k&m coming home...
i don't think i could have been happier to have my babies coming home!

i think about all of the other couples who are on the infertility roller coaster...it is painfully, emotional and heartbreaking. i pray for you if are on this roller coaster, follow your heart that is what we did and got double the love given to us...i know that the medical world had a lot to do with kaylin & mara, but in the end i know that God gave us them....

4 comments:

  1. Awe, that is so thoughtful and sweet. The girls are just as lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 3 years ago?what an amazing day that must have been!!! I'm so happy you have your family. you are just the sweetest!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having your own beautiful family! We also had to try for a while, but our beautiful girl is now 18 months old. Motherhood is truly a bliss!

    I found you through ellebows, and checked out you etsyshop. Your crayon roll ups are perfect, and I would like to order - But they are not available to me as I live in Norway. Would you consider international shipping, and if so how much would that cost? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa