http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

July 25, 2009

One week...sorry it has been so long!

I can't believe it has been one since I posted an update...sorry about that. We have been very busy and not home very much this past week. Here is a recap...so it might get long and there are some fun pictures too. Last weekend:

Saturday: we went to Como Zoo in the morning...it was cold outside, but we didn't mind. As you can see the girls had sweaters on, but they loved every minute of it. They even went on 2 cars without mom & dad and loved it. After dinner we went to Highland Fest for some yummy food and music.



This past week we had our NICU follow up visit, which was really long...3 hours about. The girls both were evaluated by OT & PT therapists and then saw their NICU doctor. They are doing wonderful and caught up from a development standpoint. The OT & PT basically do some standard testing to see where are at in different categories. I don't remember all of them, but they had to put puzzle together, feed a baby, build with blocks, look at lots of pictures, run, jump, walk on a straight line and a lot more. The NICU doctor looks at how they are growing, any major health issues and overall development too. They compare their head, height and weight based on the actual age of 25 months, 9 days to their corrected age of 23 months, 20 days. Here is a little recap from that appointment:

Kaylin: she is doing wonderful. She tested at a 39 month child, which is great! Let's hope she keeps it up once she is in school. Here are her stats on head, height and weight:

Head: 19 1/4" =80%
Height: 34 7/8" = 65%
Weight: 25.5 lbs. = 31%

Mara: also did a great job and tested at a 33 month child. She is still going to need some OT & PT for her balance and some sensory things, but overall she is doing wonderful. Here are her stats on head, height and weight:

Head: 18 1/2" = 30%
Height: 32 1/4" = 6%
Weight: 22 lbs. = <3%>

Overall, the doctors were very please with how they are growing and their development. We are very blessed to have 2 little healthy and happy little girls. They are doing so well and it has been a joy to watch them grow and learn...I still can't believe they are 2! We are truly blessed!

On Wednesday, we had a great visit with my dear friend Kirsti, her little baby girl Evie and K's mom. The girls could not get enough of Baby Evie...just look at Kaylin in the picture! She loves babies...crazy about them!


I have been busy with Two Little Tots stuff, getting ready for this craft show in Sept. It has been fun, but a lot of my free time (naps & after bed) I have been sewing like a mad women. I still have about 13 more crayon rolls to make and I started making hair clips last night for a change. My goal is to get these crayon rolls done this week...I hope naps goes well...that was a little different story this past week...not very good naps.

On Friday, I had a great lunch with my dear friend Suzanne who is in town from Chicago with her family. Tonight they all came over for dinner. It was great to hang out with them...the girls loved playing with little Lily! S and I started together at Target and were friends right away. She left Target and then moved to Chicago, but we have continue our friendship....I miss her dearly, but I know no matter how many miles are in between us, we will always be friends. Thanks for a great night!


Some other fun pictures from our week:

We are still working on potty training...Mara has now gone a total of 3 times on the potty!


Kaylin loves to wear my socks with my flip flops around the house:

Mara the monkey...this is how i found her after nap one day!
Hope you are having a great weekend! We are!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa