http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

March 9, 2010

40 bags...update!

i am really enjoying cleaning out the house and getting ahead of my spring cleaning this year.  maybe i will get my windows washed and the living/dining room painted, since the cleaning out stuff will be done...and i think i am taking more time just focusing on getting rid of stuff and not the other stuff as well.

i am up to 20 bags!!!! and to give you a little break down of what those 20 bags were of here you go:

-5 bags of garbage!
-2 bags of personal items...going to a homeless shelters (our church is doing this)
-1 bag of food...going to the food shelf
-1 bag of girls cloths...went to a second hand store = $45.00 extra in my pocket!!!
-3 bags going to bridging...a company that helps families get back on their feet with household items.
-4 bags of baby stuff going to friends who need it!
-4 bags to the goodwill


I have finished 2 levels in my house and part of the downstairs as well.  The last areas are going to be the worst and the longest.  I need to find some new storage shelves for one area, which I believe I found at Ikea...hoping to get those this weekend.  


So here are the pictures...warning...there are a LOT!!!

our bedroom closet:
 as you can see...we have very small closets in our house!


the dining room:



the living room...those built in bookcase...come in very handy!


the only toys on the main floor right now are these...books, puzzles and board games.

and the legos:

the kitchen:





and these little cabinets...i never thought when i moved in this house i could make them work...now they do!

and a fun new find...thanks sarah!  love how they can be used on the inside of the cabinet!

are shoe storage...because we don't have a lovely mud room...someday...i hope!

and my junk drawers:


almost done...if you are still looking...

the laundry room...very small...and part of my downstairs bathroom!
(sorry for the bad lighting)
and the downstairs bathroom:
todd's drawer
my drawer:

shared drawer:

and the best thing ever for my hair stuff...a $1.00 shower caddy on clearance at target after back to college...love it and it works perfect!

if you are still here...thank you, i know that was a lot of pictures.  but it has been so much fun and rewarding cleaning out 

another update in a week!
happy cleaning!

5 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of you!
    it has to feel amazing!
    :)

    Make today great!

    **and dont forget to enter in my necklace giveaway!**

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous, and so proud of you, too! Way to go! By the way, the game "Apples to Apples" is one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Job!
    It is scary how similar our organization is in our homes. I appreciated all the bins and places you are able to find space for everything. Having once lived in a much smaller house, it is really amazing to find all those spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love it!!! doesnt it feel SO good to clean out stuff?!?! I am so jealous of your beautiful drawers! Great job! I need to start doing this little by little! It has been too long since I have done a clean out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are doing so well with the 40 in 40. I really struggled last week (still well on the way to 40 though, most days there is more than 1 bag), but am back on full speed this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa