http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

April 30, 2010

two little tots = fun friday!

Two Little Tots has done so well this past year, better then I ever thought it would do.  I had no real expectations for my shop...would anyone find me and if they did, would they buy something!?  I had no idea, but I am SO happy how well the shop has done.  Most of my Etsy sales have come from friends/family, blog referrals and giveaways...thank you for making Two Little Tots so strong!

so...the exciting news I have....

Two Little Tots is moving!

I am making a shop move over to Big Cartel.  I am making this move for a number of reasons, please see my q&a below.  And I know change is hard...believe me, this is something I have thought a long time about, so please visit my new shop and take a look around!


So, what is the new shop web site?
You can visit Two Little Tots at: www.twolittletots.bigcartel.com

Why am I adding another shop?
Two Little Tots has done so well this past year, which is wonderful.  I had no idea it would grow so fast and with that said, I need to make a few changes to the shop.  Etsy has become more expensive for me as a seller.  Since most of my shop traffic is from blog ads, referrals and giveaways I feel my sales will follow with my move to Big Cartel.  Also, with moving the shop I will be able to offer more new Two Little Tots products more often.

Etsy has been wonderful to me over the past year, I am not moving because I am unhappy with Etsy at all...I love Etsy!  And I will continue to be a buyer from many great shops.  Etsy has made Two Little Tots what it is today, but to continue to grow my business, moving to Big Cartel is the right move for me.

How easy is Big Cartel to use as a buyer? 
I think it is so easy to shop on Big Cartel as a buyer.  The BIGGEST win is you do not have to have an account to buy like you do on Etsy.  I will continue to accept PayPal, so your money is secure.  I think the checkout process is a little bit smoother too...so another bonus to you!
  
What are some other perks? 
I can ofter more discounts to you as the buyer!  For example, right now I am offering a 10% off your order 'BIG NEWS' discount and all you have to do is type the 'special' discount code  during the check out process and Big Cartel will automatically adjust your order to reflect the discount! 

NOTE:  10%-BIG NEWS discount will run from 5/1-5/3, so act fast!   Enter in discount code: 'BIGNEWS'-all one word.


Will the shop have the same product assortment? 
Yes!  Right now, I am adding to the new shop daily, so if there is something you see in the Etsy shop and don't in the Big Cartel, please email me at: twolittletots@comcast.net.  I am hoping to add some new items within the next month to the shop.  I will keep you updated on new items via my blog postings.

Will you be closing your Etsy shop?   
At this time I do not have a 'close' date for my Etsy shop.  First, I am not dropping Etsy, I still want to be part of the Etsy community.  And second, I still want people to find me!


Look for this button on my blog to direct you to my new shop:

two little tots



If you have any other questions about why I am moving or anything else, please feel free to email me at: twolittletots@comcast.net. 

Enjoy your weekend! We have a birthday boy in the house...Todd will be 35 tomorrow, so it is a BIG weekend around here!

4 comments:

  1. Melissa!!! WOW! Congratulations! I wish you all the success for you!! Keep me posted on how you are doing over there! I hear you about the fees. My bill is over $100 every month:/
    I am off to check out the new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Placed my first order with big cartel and it was super simple! Wishing you the best of luck and happy birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What wonderful news! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had the chance to say congrats...so, CONGRATS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa