http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

January 10, 2011

clean slate for 2011

i love a new year, a fresh clean slate to start over again.  to work on the things you didn't in the past, the change for the better, to reflect on the past and to set goals for the future.  
i am not a big new year's resolution type girl, but i am a huge goal setting.  i think it comes from working at target headquarters for 10 years!  i looked at my goals from 2010 and i graded myself on how i did on them, thanks mel from larson lingo for the great idea!  

so here are last years goal...
drink more water and less dt. coke- hubby got me a new water bottle for christmas
I give myself a B on this one.  I still have about 2 dt. cokes a day, but I am drinking a lot more water! 
2. get my body moving again...start working out 3 times a week
We joined the Y this past summer and I have been going about 2 times a week, so I didn't do so well...maybe a C-. This year I will get there 3 times a week, because I get $20.00 of by going 12x a month.  And I just signed up for a Boot Camp class that starts on Monday! 
3.  read more books...a few on my list are: 123 Magic-parenting book, Craft Inc.-turning your craft hobby into a business and Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks
I did really well with this goal.  I read a book a month for about 6 months in a row, so I am giving myself a B.  Over the holidays, I have not been reading, but I have about 5 new books to get started on. 
4. meal planning-i have been doing this since i have been home, but i need to get better at it.
I think I did a great job this year, so i asked Todd what he thought.  He gave me a B or B+, which makes me very happy!
5.  photography-take a few more classes this year and maybe do a few shots for some families.
I am giving myself an A- for this one.  I took another photography class last year and I did 4 photo shoots! 
6.  going to bed by 10:30 a 4 nights a week-really need to work on this one...my typically bed time is about midnight or later!
This went in cycles for me...I would do really good and then bad, but only for 1 night!  so, I am giving myself a B.   
7. send a note once a month to a girlfriend
Not much to say about this one, but I totally failed!  Big ol' F! 
8.  send birthday cards
Same as #7.  I did either call or send an email...so that counts a little bit, right?! 
9. don't stress about the little things...i do this a lot!
I think I am doing a better job at this, but I think it is just who I am.  I am giving myself a C+ 
10. work on balance-family, me, wife-husband relationship, being a mom, etsy, blogging
I really worked hard on balance this past year.  There were times when I still took too much on, but overall, I was not up until wee hours of the night working on sewing or blogging!  I am giving myself a B!
      and here are my goals for 2011!  i didn't break them out this year, i made some major buckets this year with mini goals within each bucket!

      BODY, MIND and HEALTH:
      • Move my body 3x a week at the gym and do something at home on my off days!  Check out Becky's "5" plan.  I LOVE it and really want to work some of those "5's" into my everyday life!
      • Drink more water.  The Dt. Coke habit is never going to go away and I am okay with that.  It is one way I deal with stress in my life...not that great, but there are worst things I could do!
      • Do a women's retreat...like this one!
      • Continue to go to bed around 10:30
      • Read, read and read some more!  Right now I have been reading Raising Your Spirited Child, which is a great parenting book!
      FAMILY:
      • Church as a family, continue to grow in Gods Love as a family.  The girls are getting so good at singing and praying in church, it just makes my heart happy!
      • Have a family 'fun' night.  The girls are getting to the age to enjoy a game, movie or a fun outing.
      • Date Night...we didn't do a great job on this one in 2011.  We need to have a few dates nights each month.  
      •  Continue to improve on our parenting.  We have been tested the last few months by one of the girls and we are trying everything and it seems like we are going backwards more then forward.  
      • Join one committee at the girls' school
      • This one is just me...get the girls' scrapbooks caught up!  I have some mini post coming about scrapbook and Project Life, I can't wait to share them!
       TWO LITTLE TOTS:
      • Continue my 'no' work on Sunday rule.
      • Branding the blog...this one I am working on right now.  Some changes will be coming very soon!
      • Add 3-5 new items this year.  I have a few in my head, I just have to get a pattern put together.
      • Add a few new fabric choices in the spring and fall
      • Plan out giveways and ads, based on history for 2011
      • Get ahead of the 'busy' seasons...Easter and Christmas!
      That is my list for 2011.  I feel great about this list, that it is manageable and not too much.  I didn't even look at my 2010 goals until I wrote this post.  I knew what most of them were, but I think this year, I will do a little check in every few months and give an update...just like I used to do at Target...boy I miss that place sometimes!





      Do you have goals or New Year's Resolutions?  I would love to know what is on your 2011 list!
      Happy Monday...and boot camp here I come!

      3 comments:

      1. WOW girl you have some really specific goals. That's awesome! I have no doubt you'll reach them too. You go girl with that boot camp thing...whew makes me tired just thinking about it:)

        ReplyDelete
      2. Mary Sheedy Krushinka is a local author, and an AWESOME parenting resource! She has another called "Sleepless in America" that is really great as well. If you are looking for another parenting option, try "Kids Are Worth It!" by Barbara Coloroso or "Ten Basic Principles of Good Parenting" by Laurence Steinberg.

        I have no specific goals - yet. I'm still struggling to the three kid life, more than TWO years later! Ugh.

        Happy 2011! I love looking at your Project Life pages...looking forward to what you have in store this time around. :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Your suggestion for "1-2-3 Magic" was THE best book recommendation EVVVVEERRR. We use it every day and it WORKS!

        ReplyDelete

      I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa