and the finished product...i think they turned out really cute!
second project was making heart shaped crayons. i am not sure what i was thinking when i thought this was going to be easy. for the most part it was, but peeling the wrapper off the crayons was the worst part...i am just going to warn you if you do this project! the girls were a HUGE help with this project. mara loved it and wanted to keep peeling and breaking more crayons!!i found a lot of different website that have the step-by-steps, but i thought i would share what we did and they turned out great! sorry i didn't take a picture of every step, but it was really easy! and you can see our mess we made too!
step 1: gather supplies: crayons, knife (to help peel the wrapper), heart shape ice cube tray. i got my at ikea and it worked great!
step 2: cut a slit into the crayon wrapper, peel and break into little pieces
step 3: fill hearts with crayons. i used the lighter colors, because the darker ones just look more black then anything.
step 4: bake in over at 250 for 12-15 minutes. i put the tray on a cookie sheet and then in for 12 minutes first and then check them. they needed about another 3 minutes.
step 5: cool them either in the freezer or outside...if you live in a cold state like me. i cooled them for about 5-7 minutes and then pop them out.
crayon hearts!
to make the tags, i just printed them off on the computer first. had the girls cut them out and then stamp the heart on each one. i cut a heart shape out of a sponge and them dip their 'hearts' in paint. i had them write their names as well...i first dotted their names on and they traced over my letters! great project for little ones...helps them with their cutting, letters and spelling their name!
what are your little ones making for 'heart' day?
happy weekend!
My guess would be nothing! HA! I bought them itunes cards and calling it a day;) Those little crayons are sweet!
ReplyDeleteoh how much fun! love the crayons! they turned out great. i look forward to when Noah is old enough to have fun with that and be a helping hand when we do fun projects. as always, love the pics of your precious girls. have a wonderful weekend my friend!
ReplyDeleteso cute, Melissa! When I saw that first pic I thought it was my Ella:)
ReplyDeleteLove this Melissa, such a good idea!
ReplyDeleteI made crayon hearts this year too for the boy's valentine party. I had a horrible time peeling the paper off, and the crayons didn't melt as well (clear waxy rings). I got the crayons last year at Walmart for 25 cents a box - maybe they were seconds. Next year I think I'll either get the big box (as I had last year) or else order certain ones from crayola (we liked the metallics). Your crayons are really cute. Great tutorial.
ReplyDelete