http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

October 4, 2011

Scrapbooking...a new way!

So let's face it, I am not getting a lot of scrapbooking done these days.  It is driving me a little nuts, because I am getting more and more behind, but I just don't find the time these days.
So, when there was a great Plum District deal the other day from 
Shutterfly for an 8x8 photo book, I bought it...thinking that this might be my new way to scrapbook!

My goal has always been to do a book for every 5 years of the girls life...well, next June they will be 5 and I don't have very many pages done in the last 5 years.  
I am hoping these Shutterfly books will help!

I started working on Mara's book the other day and it is still going to take some time, but I am hoping that it goes a little faster, when I get faster at creating them on-line.

Here is my book so far, not much to it yet.   I worked on it for about 30 minutes and that is all I did.  I need to figure out what milestones I want to capture in this book from one to five.  And the other problem, I have to buy this book by the end of this year...so half of 2012 will be missing...not sure what I am going to do about that one yet!

Please let me know if you have used Shutterfly to create photo books in the past. 
I would LOVE any tips or tricks on creating one.



Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.

5 comments:

  1. I have been using My Publisher and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using Shutterfly to create my albums. I did traditional scrapbooking with Creative Memories products but it was taking too much time. I have 3 kids and like to do 1 family album per year and then a school album for each of them each year. Shutterfly has helped me be more efficient. I like to use the simple path for books I want done fast and the custom path to put a little more of my style into it. I have broken the year family album into separate books (3 months in each book with the exception of December having it's own.) This is due to the look of the pages in the books, I like it to coincide with the season. So (Jan. Feb. March together) (April May June together) (July Aug. Sept. together) (Oct. Nov. together) (Dec. all by itself). Happy scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using Shutterfly to create my albums. I did traditional scrapbooking with Creative Memories products but it was taking too much time. I have 3 kids and like to do 1 family album per year and then a school album for each of them each year. Shutterfly has helped me be more efficient. I like to use the simple path for books I want done fast and the custom path to put a little more of my style into it. I have broken the year family album into separate books (3 months in each book with the exception of December having it's own.) This is due to the look of the pages in the books, I like it to coincide with the season. So (Jan. Feb. March together) (April May June together) (July Aug. Sept. together) (Oct. Nov. together) (Dec. all by itself). Happy scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do one traditional handmade scrapbook for each year of Avery's life. Then I had two more kids, and waaay less time. I haven't used Shutterfly, but I've used Snapfish several times to do scrapbooks, and I think it gets faster and easier each time I do it. They usually have deals toward the end of the year, and then I buy them as gifts for grandparents too.
    Cate @wildruffle

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa