They had a service for Tommy a week before Thanksgiving and I had no idea that Tommy's service would be so hard for me. I knew it was not going to be fun...a little baby boy just died for no reason that we no of, but it was so much harder for me then I thought. I cried and cried and cried at that service...my heart was so heavy that day and for many days after that. All week I thought what am I going to say to them, there are no words that can say what they want to hear...they just want Tommy back. So, I just gave big hugs and listened to the dad talk about his son. Told Tommy's mom that when she is ready we are ready for a play date!
The service was amazing, just amazing. The support of friends and family, the support of an amazing church and of God! Our friends actually spoke at Tommy's service...I really have no idea how they did this, because I am not sure if I could have. They were amazing! And the music was the icing on the cake...it was breathtaking.
Tommy's mom has started a blog. I think it is helping her with the healing process. I find myself checking it for her next post to see how they are doing. They just found out why Tommy is in heaven, which I am sure has help with the healing process. Please check out her blog:
And again, if you could pray for our friends. I know the weeks and months that laid ahead of them are going to be hard. They are healing, but I know it will take time, lots of time for them to find their 'new' normal now.
Give your children a hug today...and hold on tight a little longer. As Tommy's mom just wrote in her blog from a book she is reading; our children from God and we should feel very blessed that He loves us enough to entrust them to us.

I will offer my rosary today for Tommy's family.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your friends' loss. Tommy was a beautiful boy. Sending prayers for the difficult times ahead.
ReplyDeleteHeartbreaking....I'll be praying and will visit her blog. So so sad.
ReplyDeleteoh that breaks my heart. lifting up this family right now.
ReplyDelete