http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z104/danielle982/2011/Two%20Little%20Tots/twolittletotsnavigation4.png

June 22, 2010

365 project: week 25

i am working on getting caught up this week, but it is not going well!  

the girls are not taking naps and it is causing a lot of things on my to do list to not get done.  i am not sure what i am going to do yet, if the no naps continue, but i need to adjust to it, because it could be the new schedule around here.  i believe they still need a nap...a little one, because if they don't get one they are a mess at 6:00, which is not a lot of fun around here.  so, i pulled out my sleep book again to see if i could figure anything out...wish me luck!

i did manage to get these 2 pages done yesterday...somehow...between them getting up 2 times from nap time to tell me they were all done sleeping, to finally letting them come down to watch 1 show while i finished up some work.

so here is week 25, which means next week we have only half the year left...crazy!

page 1:

page 2:

this morning as i was reading some of my favorite blogs, and reading the post on Ali Edward's today, i always feel so inspired to work on my scrapbooks.  i just love some of her stuff that she has.  so i am really going to challenge myself to get working on the girls' books again...a page a week in each of their books....it can't be too hard, can it?!

and one more thing i forgot to tell you yesterday.  i was a guest blogger over at Gina's blog.  I did a little post on what inspires me, so go check it out.

enjoy your tuesday.  the sun is shining for now and it is a bright blue sky, and friends are coming over soon, it will be a good day...regardless if the girls take a nap or not!

8 comments:

  1. These are great pictures this week. My son Sam is looking at them with me, we love the bubble photo that's a lot of bubbles. He even mentioned the house looking nice before I told him you just redid it so we are both impressed with how well it looks. The playground is always fun for the kids. Sorry they aren't taking good naps for you I know it's tough during this phase, try using it as quiet time instead maybe just laying in bed and reading or soft music on and tell them they don't have to sleep but they have to stay most of the time they end up falling asleep for a little bit. i love love Ali's blog too already read it this morning. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures! I love the bubbles pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - this is my first time stopping by your blog. I found your link on Mom Creative. I really love the way you are doing your layouts for project life. They look so nice. And you take great photos too!
    Yes - the year is flying by..This is my first year for Project Life and I am loving it! I like traditional scrapbooking as well, but this is fun while I get caught up.
    Have a great day!
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! A little advice for the no-nap stage (which SUCKS - I'm so sorry!).

    I would put Ellie/Thomas in their room and set a timer. I told them they had to be in there for one hour, until the timer went off - and they could play puzzles, read books, legos - as long as it was quiet. They also had to do the activity in bed.

    When they were 3, I'd say they'd fall asleep 4-5 times a week. That got less and less over time, but I was still guaranteed at least one hour of quiet.

    A few times I'd come in after an hour, and their room would be destroyed! Books everywhere, legos all over, so we'd have to do a pretty major clean-up after, but I felt it was worth it. :)

    Now, since Ellie's five, she watches Dinosaur Train and Zaboomafoo (PBS) while Sam naps, so I still get my hour. And next year, she's in afternoon Kindergarten. Yay!

    It takes some hard work in the beginning to get them to stay in their room for the full hour, but after a while, they know you mean business and will stay until the alarm goes off. I'd always reset their alarm whenever they came out to extend their "new time" to one hour. They hated that. :)

    Also, you can find some good, quiet alarms at Lakeshore Learning. Some even have red that disappears as the hour goes by. Then at a glance they can know how much time they have left (without needing to know how to tell time.)

    Sorry for the long-winded response. I've been there twice, and will probably encounter it again before next summer, so I'm just sharing what I learned. :)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing... :)

    Once the napping stage is finally over, and "rest-time" is even hard to come by, you can enjoy your new afternoon schedule by heading to the zoo, or Children's Museum, or other favorite kid activity after 2pm.

    Most mornings are crazy at those places (school fieldtrips, daycares, whathaveyou), but from about 2pm to close, they are EMPTY! It is wonderful to play at the CM and not worry about losing your kid every 10 seconds. And the volunteers/staff at the Zoo are completely open to talk to your kids forever about whatever animal interests them at the time. It's great.

    Now that I have a grade-schooler who comes home at 4pm, and a toddler still napping, we haven't been able to do afternoons like that lately, but it was wonderful when we could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bubbles picture!! I love seeing your 365 book -- you remind me every week to go do my pages and get caught back up. :) I love Ali's blog too and I think it's a great idea to do a page a week for the girls. I agree -- it can't be too hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures! We have already bought a few new things for school! HA! Schools only been out two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to comment about quiet time for nap time, but someone already summed it up. I love the timer idea, I'll have to try that. My 3 1/2 year old naps about half the time and plays quietly in his room the other days although now that we are in a new house, if he is awake he comes out about every other second to see if he is done yet.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment--Melissa